Rapid UTI Screen
Test for bacteriuria and presence of
somatic cells in urine
Accutest Uriscreen™ is a rapid screening test which
combines the detection of both bacteriuria and pyuria (the
presence of somatic cells in urine), by detecting catalase
activity (an enzyme present in many eukaryotic cells).
Accutest Uriscreen™ provides physicians' offices, clinical laboratories and outpatient sites with the ability to provide fast and accurate screening for urinary tract infections. Accutest Uriscreen™ negative predictive value (NPV) of at least 95%, was higher than the NPV of the dipstick.
Accutest Uriscreen™ is a cost-effective, screening procedure, which can be used to complement conventional culture methods.
- Visual results within 2 minutes
- Easy to use; requires no instrumentation
- Perfect UTI screen for outpatient settings
- Improved performance over routine urinalysis
- Exceptionally sensitive for low bacterial counts
(5x104 CFU/ml at 93% sensitivity)
- Efficient way to screen out negative specimens and determine the need for further testing
- Early diagnosis prevents unnecessary treatment and minimizes costly complications of UTI
For Additional information – click here
Download the Uriscreen Brochure